HEY! I'M TRIPP AND I'M HEADED OFF TRYING TO MAKE IT AS A MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMER. I'M CHASING AFTER BIG DREAMS AND GETTING TO HAVE A BLAST ALL ALONG THE WAY! COME ALONG FOR THE RIDE AND SEE WHAT CRAZY THINGS I END UP DOING AND THE FANTASTIC CHARACTERS I WILL MEET ALONG THE WAY! FOR PREVIOUS ADVENTURES.... TRIPPAROUNDTHEWORLD.BLOGSPOT.COM AND OFFEXPLORING.BLOGSPOT.COM

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Let's Go On Tour!

After successfully completing a thorough blog backpacking Europe (see offexploring.blogspot.com) and on a 6 month cruise ship contract (see tripparoundtheworld.blogspot.com), I thought my blogging days were through. This summer I auditioned and was cast in the first national tour of “’SWonderful”, a new Gershwin musical and thought about starting up another blog. Once I got into rehearsals and saw our itinerary, though, I didn’t know if I was going to have enough time to be doing things that I cared to write about. I wasn’t sure if the experience would be interesting enough to read about.

Now I have been on the road for a month and am realizing what a mistake I made and that I have to catch up! I have already shared some incredible memories and been on numerous adventures that I know you all will want to hear about! Ha ha! So here it is: tripparoundamerica.blogspot.com. I hope you enjoy it and come back to check in and see what kind of antics my cast members and I are having.

We rehearsed for the month of September in New York City before heading out on the road. Traveling in our group is a cast of 7 plus an accompanist, company manager, tour manager, and technical director. That’s 11 total plus our bus driver, Joe. Don’t worry: you will get to meet all of these characters in future posts! We all left New York September 28 and opened our show in Kutztown, PA! We were the opening show for Kutzown University’s presenter program.

The show was so much fun and on a great campus with a crew that was always so willing to help. The facility was a really pretty, old building and we were excited to have a sold out crowd that night! They even had to set up chairs for some extra seating! Our director and choreographer came out for the opening so it was nice to have them there for support and to show us how the show would need to adjust to each and every theatre where we would perform. That night we spent some time all together to celebrate a successful opening night and getting ready to start trekking across the USA!

It was a fun night only to be topped off by a trip to a diner across the street. There was a highway to cross with a barrier so we all raced across, mostly unscathed. I will reveal, however, that Jess was completely as fortunate. Ha ha! Nothing too serious, though. Now we are on our way and living on board our incredible bus! I can’t wait to show you all the bells and whistles on this sucker! Until then…

Buckle up for the ride!

Tripp

1 comment:

  1. Well, lookie here... I'm the FIRST to post! haha I'm very excited to see this blog and can't wait to read more! Miss you and love you.

    ReplyDelete