HEY! I'M TRIPP AND I'M HEADED OFF TRYING TO MAKE IT AS A MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMER. I'M CHASING AFTER BIG DREAMS AND GETTING TO HAVE A BLAST ALL ALONG THE WAY! COME ALONG FOR THE RIDE AND SEE WHAT CRAZY THINGS I END UP DOING AND THE FANTASTIC CHARACTERS I WILL MEET ALONG THE WAY! FOR PREVIOUS ADVENTURES.... TRIPPAROUNDTHEWORLD.BLOGSPOT.COM AND OFFEXPLORING.BLOGSPOT.COM

Monday, January 10, 2011

Rain and KENTUCKY!!!

There's not a lot to report on Chippewa Falls, WI, but we arrived in the rain to our hotel where we saw a really cool pool area with a slide and hot tubs and things. We also saw children. Pre-teens to be exact. Hundreds of them. They had taken over our hotel in Chippewa Falls and there was nothing we could do about it. There was some sort of tournament going on in town and this was the place to be. Between the kids everywhere and the rain...most of our time in Chippewa was spent enjoying our hotel rooms and ordering in food. Ha ha! Our shows were...very interesting, to say the least. We arrived to find a stage maybe a quarter of the size necessary for our show. Set pieces were gone, there were no wings, and our dressing rooms were built by our own company manager out of prop walls and refrigerator boxes in the basement of the building. This was clearly going to be an experience. As dance captain it was my responsibility to get the show set and make decisions on how it would run and I must say, we all worked hard together to give two really strong shows with very few moments of panic. Ha ha!
We were all excited to leave WI because that meant we would be heading to Bowling Green, KY where I had family and friends coming and where Katie Mitchell is from! As soon as we arrived the whole 'S Wonderful clan headed to the Mitchell home fAZING home-cooked meal of lasagna and a great bonfire and s'mores! There was also plenty of laughter over music, pool, childhood pictures of Katie, etc. The cast ended the night with a couple mean games of Scattegories and Twister (which I beat out Katie R. in) and a late viewing of "Love Actually". It was such a blessing to get to be in a HOME and have parents for a night!

The next day I made it to a local gym for a workout before meeting the cast for dinner downtown and heading to the theatre. The Capitol Theatre was another old movie house with a cool marquee and it was so fun to have so many people surprise me and come to see the show! I had friends and family from all over, some who I haven't seen in years! What a great night.


After Bowling Green the bus took us to Paducah where we enjoyed the mall for part of the day before me and Tavis trekked to find a gym. I had found one on googlemaps and called to see the cost and we began our walk. Upon arrival to the area where it should have been, though...no gym. I couldn't figure it out. Finally I called them and described my location. "Oh just keep going! You will be here in about 5 minutes. You're just a few miles away!" People never realize we are on foot. I learned to never trust google maps, though. Ha ha! We gave up on that journey, but had a big dinner that night. The cast really likes to have big group meals with each other to spend lots of time talking and laughing over food. Olive Garden was the choice this night and things were no different. I am blessed to have a group of friends and colleagues that I love and trust so much. Excited to see them all soon!

Getting there,
Tripp

No comments:

Post a Comment