HEY! I'M TRIPP AND I'M HEADED OFF TRYING TO MAKE IT AS A MUSICAL THEATRE PERFORMER. I'M CHASING AFTER BIG DREAMS AND GETTING TO HAVE A BLAST ALL ALONG THE WAY! COME ALONG FOR THE RIDE AND SEE WHAT CRAZY THINGS I END UP DOING AND THE FANTASTIC CHARACTERS I WILL MEET ALONG THE WAY! FOR PREVIOUS ADVENTURES.... TRIPPAROUNDTHEWORLD.BLOGSPOT.COM AND OFFEXPLORING.BLOGSPOT.COM

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Acadia National Park Trip

When traveling I have learned that it is important to have goals and big plans and ideas so that you have something to work toward. I think it has something to do with feeling content to experience the place where you are at the moment, but then you end up sometimes really not experiencing much! You get into a groove and think, "Oh I will have time later to try this or that..." but in reality you don't have a lot of time in a place at all, so to make it worth your while it is great to have goals to reach and accomplish. From day one in Maine I said that I wanted to make my way to Acadia National Park.
Before I headed to Maine I researched the state a bit and over and over Acadia was mentioned as a place "not to be missed." I read so much about its overwhelming natural beauty and unique landscape. I knew I had to get up there! With the help of some of the other cast members, especially Tim Grady, I planned a big trip for 8 of us up to the park on one of our last days off for the whole contract. We drove up early Monday morning and checked into the motel that was just perfectly dank and covered in kitschy '70s decor.


Once we made it to Mt. Desert Island we had a great lunch in Bar Harbor and decided to go for a hike. I went to the visitor's center and asked one of the park guides to recommend a hike for us. I said, "We are all young and active. We don't have much time, but want to do something fun with good views." His immediate response was that he would do Precipice Trail because it had some fun rocks to climb over and the top was a gorgeous view of the ocean in front of you and Cadillac Moutain behind you. Cadillac is famous for being the highest peak on the East coast. I thought it sounded great, so we headed to Precipice!
When we pulled up we saw... basically just a cliff face. It was beautiful and high and I thought I had certainly gotten our group into a mess, but everyone stretched and we started on our way. We made our way over boulders, around bends, and up rungs. It was fantastic, but probably more than we bargained for. Ha ha!


We finished our day after our big accomplishment, reaching the "Precipice" by driving around Loop Road in the park and taking in so many gorgeous sights. The next morning I was determined to wake up and head to the top of Cadillac Mountain. If you watch sunrise from there you are the first people to see the sun rise in the USA. I thought that would be so cool, so I drug the WHOLE GROUP out of bed and we drove up through fog and rain to at least try, but it was a failed attempt. I got some major flack for that, but overall the trip was a major success and a big way to finish our contract in Ogunquit. Tim Grady made a fantastic video that is hilarious and accurate and shows some of the highlights of our trip. I've attached it below in two parts. Enjoy!



Heading out on tour with South Pacific soon. Let the antics begin!

Tripp

No comments:

Post a Comment